- Before using the tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven for the first time, you must first prepare the clay section of it. The clay pot is treated and sealed as a result, extending the life of your tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven.
- Repeat this process once every two to three months for the greatest outcomes.
Ingredients Used to Cure tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven:
- Crude mustard 1 Kg of spinach (palak), 1.5L of jaggery (gur), and 1L Mustard Oil,
- Salt and Turmeric powder: 10 teaspoons each
- The components listed above should be blended (mixed) in a pot until liquid. Do not heat the mixture.
- Rub with towel on your tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven clay section
- Give the mixture 30 minutes to absorb in the walls of the clay pot .
- Rub with a towel on your tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven clay section twice or thrice.
- Tandoor oven or Clay oven should be lit for 100 hours on low heat before slapping the naan bread on the walls of the clay pot. During these 100 hours , grilled skewers can be used to make food like meat, lamb,fish, beef, paneer or vegetables like potatoes , tomatoes etc.
- DO NOT EVER use HIGH heat while curing the tandoor oven or clay oven .
- After the tandoor oven or Clay oven has cooled, use a soft, damp cloth to remove the remaining mixture from the walls of the clay pot.
Then our tandoor oven or Clay oven is prepared to be used for naan bread and other foods like meat, lamb,fish, beef, paneer or vegetables like potatoes , tomatoes etc.
To cure the tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven, we employ sophisticated techniques.
Tandoori ovens have clay pots that have been used for generations in parts of the eastern Mediterranean and central Asia to cook meat dishes and unique leavened flat naan bread. Before any tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven can be utilized for production, it must first be cured or “seasoned” to acclimate to heat and fire.
Over time, a number of techniques have been created for seasoning tandoors so that tandoori foods can be cooked to perfection. Some chefs employ elaborate techniques to cure their tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven, some use fairly straightforward ones, while a few chefs don’t even bother. The majority of chefs, overall, cure the tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven.
Is it necessary to cure a tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven? And why does a claypot need to be seasoned?
Yes, seasoning a real tandoori oven is important, is the response. To prevent the completed naan from sticking and eventually burning, the clay pot must be well seasoned. Otherwise, the raw dough would slide off and burn. The goal of seasoning the clay pot is to gradually raise the interior temperature while also making sure that the clay does not split.
The following claypot curing method is NOT one that we suggest. Time is wasted, and completing all steps quickly is exceedingly difficult.
Put two coats of masala or paste to the clay pot to be cured before heating the tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven. The ingredients for this paste are 1 Kilogram of mustard oil (or another type of oil), 1 Kilogram of jaggery, 10 tablespoons of turmeric, and a dash of salt. Apply it to the claypot interior after carefully mixing the ingredients. Allow the paste to dry for 4 hours.
The tandoor oven or clay tandoori oven only come with an additional thermocouple as a warranty to cover issues related to tandoori ovens.
However,If someone uses the above mentioned approach to cure claypot, according to Tandoor Morni, the tandoor will last longer.
A naan glued to the walls won’t fall off till the tandoor’s temperature is just right. Different roles are played by each spice ingredient.
We ship to the following States across the USA and CANADA.
Mexico City,New York,Los Angeles,Chicago,Washington,Boston,Dallas,Toronto,Houston,San Jose,Miami,Philadelphia,Monterrey,Guadalajara,Atlanta,Phoenix,Santo Domingo,Detroit,Seattle,Montreal,Port-au-Prince,San Diego,Guatemala City,Minneapolis,Tampa,Denver,Puebla,Cleveland,Salt Lake City,Vancouver,Orlando,St. Louis,Las Vegas,San Antonio,Havana,Portland,Tijuana,Charlotte,San José,Sacramento,Austin,León,San Juan,Toluca de Lerdo,Pittsburgh,Kansas City,Cincinnati,Indianapolis,San Salvadòr,Columbus,Raleigh,Virginia Beach,Ciudad Juárez,Ecatepec de Morelos,Nezahualcóyotl, Naucalpan Hempstead, Brookhaven Islip, Oyster Bay, Newark Long Beach, Anaheim,Santa Ana, Riverside Aurora, Naperville, Joliet Baltimora, Arlington Worcester, Providence Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano Mississauga, Brampton, Cypress, Pasadena San Francisco, Oakland Hialeah, Fort Lauderdale Guadalupe, Apodaca Zapopan, Tlaquepaque,Tonalá Sandy Springs Mesa, Chandler Scottsdale, Glendale Los Alcarrizos Warren, Sterling Heights Tacoma Laval, Longueuil Carrefour, Delmas,Pétion-Ville, Cité Soleil Chula Vista, Oceanside,Escondido Mexico, Villa Nueva Saint Paul St. Petersburg Aurora, Lakewood Cholula de Rivadavia Akron West Valley City Surrey, Burnaby Henderson, Spring Valley,Paradise, North Las Vegas Vancouver San Francisco, Alajuela Elk Grove, Roseville Round RockBayamón, Carolina Metepec Overland Park, Olathe Soyapango, ApopaDurham, Carry Norfolk.